Salary Range:$50,000.00 To $50,000.00 Annually
PUBLIC HEALTH WORK FORCE DEVELOPMENT TRAINER – NORTHWEST PORTLAND AREA INDIAN HEALTH BOARD
Salary up to $50,000
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public’s health.
• This role will be responsible for oversight and development of staff training for those engaged in COVID-related activities and assuring CQI as the program develops to meet the needs of leadership and community.
• Tasked with oversight of all CQI and Performance Management activities, building a culture of CQI within the COVID19 response team to optimize program outcomes, test new approaches that can increase efficacy .
• Provide training to tribal staff, upon request of the tribe, to ensure adequate surveillance at each tribal site.
• Responsible for planning, directing and implementing a program of staff development, training and continuous quality improvement.
• Will draft, update and implement the CQI Plan, align and integrate the CQI Plan with tribal public health activities.
• Experienced team builder.
• Staff trainer and coach.
• Providing learning experiences for staff.
• Thorough knowledge of the principles, concepts and practices of continuous improvement programs and the ability to apply this knowledge.
• The ability to identify training needs and to develop programs in response to those needs in a fast paced ever changing environment.
• Experience with public health a plus.
· Experience working with tribal organizations and/or communities
· Cultural competence in working with tribal organizations and/or tribal members
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law. We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.