6130 Safety Analyst
San Francisco Public Utilities Commission
Salary: 121,706.00 – $147,914.00/year
FILING DEADLINE 8/13/2021 5:00:00 PM
he City & County of San Francisco:
The City & County of San Francisco consists of more than 50 departments with over 34,000 employees in various professions. Our employees are committed to serving San Franciscans and residents of the greater Bay Area, and ensuring San Francisco is on the forefront of economic growth, innovation, urban development, arts, and entertainment, while promoting diversity and addressing social issues and changes.
Under general direction, the Safety Analyst plans and conducts worksite hazard analysis to identify occupational safety hazards and establishes comprehensive occupational safety programs to ensure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations.
• Reviews existing status, policies, and procedures utilized by departments to address safety needs. This may include operational and safety issues and procedures.
• Researches applicable regulations and standards relating to safety issues and make recommendations for procedures to prevent incidents and comply with regulations and industry standards.
• Assesses and recommends equipment, furniture, and materials to ensure safe and/or ergonomic work environment and conditions.
• Interviews employees and supervisors to obtain information about equipment use, exposures, and work practices.
• Inspects/observes work practices, equipment, and physical conditions to identify potential hazards and verifies compliance with regulations; Develops controls or work practices to minimize or eliminate hazards identified.
• Writes clear and concise reports.
• Investigates accidents to identify causal factors.
• Consults with managers and employees to make recommendations for implementing
• Recommends corrective actions to reduce potential for future accidents.
• Identifies needs for safety training from inspections, trend analyses, and review of
• Develops and presents safety training to diverse audiences.
• Reviews, analyzes, and monitors workers’ compensation claims and other data to
minimize costs and reduce incidents.
• Participates in regulatory inspections and compliance activities to represent City
• Reviews and makes recommendations on facility designs and construction to enhance
safety and regulatory compliance.
• Performs other related duties as required.
How to apply
For a full job description and to apply, visit https://jobapscloud.com/sf/
Equal Employment Opportunity: The City and County of San Francisco encourages women, minorities and persons with disabilities to apply. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer, or genetic characteristics), HIV/AIDS status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category under the law.