The Foundation is happy to announce an opening for the position of Investment Manager. This position works directly with the Chief Investment Officer (CIO), and as part of a small team, in the oversight and management of the Foundation’s Managed Investment Portfolio (MIP), a global diversified portfolio of public and private investments. The Investment Officer will assist in the due diligence, selection, and monitoring of investment opportunities in the MIP.
Candidates must have a personal commitment and connection with our mission and cornerstones; work well in ambiguity and managing change; and proactively identify opportunities to advance our mission while remaining grounded in the day-to-day responsibilities. They will need to be able to apply principles of health equity and racial justice across all of their investment work.
The manager plays an important role in MIP oversight and management.
· Collaborating with the CIO, Investment Consultant, and other service providers on the evaluation of new investment strategies including due diligence and working with investment managers
· Providing document preparation and oversight in coordination with outside counsel
· Monitoring existing investment managers
· Sourcing investment opportunities and funds
· Conducting due diligence regarding potential investment initiatives
· Conduct research and analysis on a variety of investment topics such as strategic asset allocation, portfolio stress testing, tactical investment strategies, asset class reviews, and hedging instruments to manage exposures
· Preparation of reports and investment recommendations for staff and board committee
Qualified candidates must have at a minimum:
· A Bachelor’s Degree and four years’ experience at an endowment, foundation, or similar allocator role
· Solid analytical skills in quantitative and qualitative investment evaluation
· Proven ability to work independently and proactively, within a team, and across multiple projects simultaneously
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, both written and spoken
· High level of professional integrity demonstrated through past professional roles
· Ability to travel two to five days a month, domestic and international
In addition to the above requirements, an advanced degree in finance and/or CFA is preferred.
It’s an exciting time to join the Foundation whose assets include a complex investment portfolio valued at approximately $2.7 billion and whose annual grant making is in excess of $100 million. The Foundations benefits are robust and include heavily subsidized medical premiums, 401(k) match, and generous paid leave programs. The Foundation also provides relocation assistance. The starting range for this position is $132,700 – $162,500 paid as salaried, exempt and is eligible for all CHF benefits.
This is a full-time position in Denver, Colorado with the exception of required travel. We work on a hybrid schedule of three days in-office (required) and two days remote. The Foundation has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy in place for all staff. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful impact through their professional contributions. Interested candidates may submit their resumes and cover letters on the Colorado Health Foundation’s website (www.coloradohealth.org).
This position closes on January 9, 2023
The Colorado Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
About Colorado Health Foundation
At the Foundation, we believe that keeping equity at the heart of our work will lead us to better health. That starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity and inclusion practices that guide how we operate and work in communities across Colorado. For example, our cornerstones are designed to help ensure that:
· We serve Coloradans who have low income and have historically had less power or privilege.
· We do everything with the intent of creating health equity.
· We are informed by the community and those we exist to serve.