The Foundation is happy to announce the position of Public Policy Officer. This position leads the execution of advocacy initiatives to advance the Foundation’s policy agenda. The position represents the Foundation to multiple external audiences, building and maintaining productive relationships with policymakers, coalitions of advocacy organizations, and other key partners in community to advance the organization’s policy agenda. The Public Policy Officer also serves an integral role in the development of the Foundation’s policy agenda to improve health equity through racial justice.
Candidates will have a personal commitment and connection with our mission and cornerstones; work well in ambiguity and managing change; and proactively identify opportunities to advance our mission while remaining grounded in the day-to-day responsibilities. They will need to be able to apply principles of health equity and racial justice across all of their work, as well as integrate concepts of strategy formation and refinement, systems thinking, complexity, adaptive/emergent strategy, worldviews and power.
Ideal candidates will:
· be skilled at gathering information from diverse points of view, applying critical thinking and problem solving, and making decisions and seeing paths forward even when there is considerable ambiguity.
· excel in developing authentic relationships with various partners and stakeholders; producing written summaries and persuasive recommendations; managing multiple projects with consistency, timeliness and accuracy; and exhibiting a desire to learn.
· demonstrate skill at connecting and building relationships among partners who may be unfamiliar with each other in ways that center equity and the inclusion of disparate points of view
· effectively and persuasively communicate with others to build champions and enhance support for health equity and racial justice
· have a broad understanding of the social determinants of health, policy/advocacy, and community engagement.
· be able to work both independently and collaboratively, and responsively and proactively, within and across teams.
· have motivation to identify issues, innovate solutions, and continuously improve practice through real-time learning.
· have a deep understanding of the communities we serve, including communities of color, rural communities, and neighborhoods or regions that face the greatest health inequities – or other experiences or expertise that would prepare you to engage in this work.
· be comfortable contributing to complex conversations around health equity, racial justice, and the Foundation’s strategies.
Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in public health, public policy, political science, healthcare administration, sociology, communication, or a related discipline and five (5) years professional experience working in the field of public policy advocacy or community organizing at the local, state, and/or national level. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience working in issue campaigns or the non-profit sector including managing partnerships and coalitions that center equity and racial justice.
It’s an exciting time to join the Foundation whose assets include a complex investment portfolio valued at approximately $2.6 billion and whose annual grant making is in excess of $100 million. Additional benefits are a robust benefit and wellness package, 401(k) match, and generous paid leave programs. The salary range for this position is $71,199 – $96,291 per year, paid as salaried, exempt and is eligible for all CHF benefits. The starting salary will be based on experience. This is a full-time position in Denver, Colorado with the exception of required travel. We work on a hybrid schedule of three days in-office (required) and two days remote. The Foundation has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy in place for all staff.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful impact through their professional contributions. Interested candidates may submit their resumes and cover letters on the Colorado Health Foundation’s website (www.coloradohealth.org).
This position closes on 10/31/22
The Colorado Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
About Colorado Health Foundation
At the Foundation, we believe that keeping equity at the heart of our work will lead us to better health. That starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity and inclusion practices that guide how we operate and work in communities across Colorado. For example, our cornerstones are designed to help ensure that:
· We serve Coloradans who have low income and have historically had less power or privilege.
· We do everything with the intent of creating health equity.
· We are informed by the community and those we exist to serve.