Nutrition Adjunct Instructor (TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00795
Location: San Ramon Campus
Salary: $60.89-$88.35 per hour
Description of Position:
DVC inspires, educates, and empowers a diverse community of students to transform their lives and their communities. DVC instructors close the equity gaps by fostering success among all students. To that end, the Nutrition Program at the San Ramon Campus of Diablo Valley College is seeking part time adjunct faculty members. The assignment involves teaching a range of Nutrition courses, which may include topics such as Cultural Nutrition, Life Cycle Nutrition, Sports Nutrition and others. Faculty members are also expected to teach these courses in accordance with course outlines, evaluate progress of students, advise students concerning educational matters and perform other instructional related duties as assigned.
Biological Sciences Area Lead:
Anna Levin email@example.com
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: S4740 – Math & Science
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in nutrition, dietetics, or dietetics and food administration OR
Bachelor’s degree in any of the above
Master’s degree in chemistry, public health, or family and consumer studies/home economics
OR the equivalent.
(A bachelor’s degree in nutrition, dietetics, or dietetics and food administration, and certification as a registered dietitian, is an alternative qualification for this discipline.)
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
• Registered Dietitian credential
• Strong educational foundation in lifecycle, cultural, sports nutrition, and clinical nutrition. Experience with online instruction as well as face-to-face.
• Have a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, physical, and learning disabilities, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Job Open Date: 10/26/2021
Job Close Date: 12/20/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: January 24, 2022
# of Months: Ongoing
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2728729
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.