Administration of Justice Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F00796
Location: Diablo Valley College
Salary: $56.30 – $88.35 per hour
Description of Position:
Diablo Valley College is seeking to add to its pool of adjunct faculty who can teach a large range of courses offered by the Department. This position will focus on law enforcement and public safety writing and testing skills; looking for superior, college level English-public safety writing instruction skills and high-level competency in distance education technology, to incorporate instruction, testing and video simulation creation and evaluation.
Matt Morrissey, Administration of Justice
Position Status: Non-Tenure Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D4505-Administration of Justice
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional criminal justice experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional criminal justice experience.
Master’s Degree, extensive professional experience in criminal justice, knowledge and expertise in criminal law, criminal procedure, police and police operations, investigations, forensics, written and verbal skills, community policing and innovative problem-solving, corrections and juvenile justice, police/public safety career hiring processes and skills; college level teaching experience, high-level competency in distance education technology, multi-cultural competency and advocacy, student support, advising, counseling and mentoring.
Job Open Date: 10/26/2021
Job Close Date: 12/31/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: Spring 2022
# of Months: 5 months
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2748167
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.