Facilities Project Coordinator
Posting Number: 0001698
Location: District Office
Salary: $6,519 – 7,940 per month (see special instructions for step placement)
Under the direction of assigned departmental manager, assist in and perform a wide variety of complex professional support duties, which support the District Facilities Planning organization, and management of the capital improvement programs. Reporting directly to the Director of Construction Program Controls, the position will provide expertise in document control management processes and flow of documents, processes and initiatives related to areas of assigned projects; provide professional support to Facilities Planning Department managers, project/construction managers, contractors, subcontractors, consultants, and engineers. A high degree of independent judgment and creativity as well as ability to form positive and strong relationships with various departments, teams and managers is required to resolve a myriad of complex facilities related problems.
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Project Coordinator will provide broad project coordination, support services on all capital projects.- Assists as a project coordinator with support activities on various projects and initiatives in planning, design, and construction as assigned by the Director of Construction Program Controls.- Maintain document control procedures established by the Department, including the receipt, classification, recording, indexing, storing, and retrieval of correspondence, design packages and reports, meeting agendas and notes, certifications, construction documents, and field documents including, non-conformance reports, requests for information, submittals, and any other project documentation.- Coordinate multiple database interfaces to ensure the accuracy and quality of facilities planning documentation is in place, including reviewing and reconciling electronic and hardcopy project files part of the master program filing structure.- Support research of various project and construction management tools, providing analysis of options that support the department goals. Provide support in implementation of such tools and training of key project users.- Implement document control guidelines specifically related to naming convention, tools, and documentation processes in order to archive and retrieval current and aging documents as well as provide ongoing training and quality control for all team members. Provide audit services on documents management to ensure correct filing of all team members.- Manage all documentation through the document process while working with all stakeholders doing iterative edits.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Three (3) years of experience assisting with project support, document management, quality assurance and complex professional support duties in the management of construction projects, preferably within a public works capital improvement program. EDUCATION/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with major course work in construction management, project management, architecture, engineering, or business management, or the equivalent.
Principles and practices of project and construction management within a public works setting.
Tools, techniques and terminology used in construction project management. Pertinent federal, state, and district laws, codes and regulations.Principles and practices of modern office management and data management. Basic search methods and techniques.Advanced principles of project and construction-management software systems.Various agencies process and procedures, including Division of State Architect, California Community College Chancellor’s Office facilities capital outlay process and procedures, process and procedures of public contract bidding.Advanced proficiency in project and construction management document and financial management tools and latest software applications.
• Functional knowledge of architectural drawings and specifications, construction contracts and documents, documentation procedures, administration support activities to ensure adherence to project requirements
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with diverse constituencies
• Dynamic, self-starter with excellent organizational and communication skills
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing, priorities simultaneously.
• Must be organized, a resourceful problem-solver, a reliable team player, with demonstrated high attention to detail and follow-through to project completion.
• Ability to support and assist multiple project managers in their daily tasks in areas of documentation and projects coordination.
• Proficient in maintaining project file systems in hard copy and electronic retention version.
• Proactive and able to recommend practices, reference other resources and distinguish between required policies, procedures and informational resources and guidance for a variety of audiences,
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize conflicting demands in a deadline-driven and at times highly demanding situations. This is an interactive position; therefore, individual must have a positive, calm, and professional attitude while dealing with staff and must portray a positive professional image of the District.
• Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, and religious background of all students, faculty and staff, and with all individuals encountered in the performance of required duties.
• Experience working on a large capital improvement program with multiple projects and multiple locations
• Familiar with FUSION (Facilities Utilization, Space Inventory Options Net) database
• Hands-on experience with and knowledge of construction management software
• Knowledge and ability to train team members to utilize, and access a construction management software and document control protocols
• Working knowledge of construction schedules and budgets
Note: New employees will be placed at the first step which is $6,519 per month, second step $6,849 per month or third step at $7,194 per month (depending upon experience). Based on current salary placement guidelines, all step increases for which an employee becomes eligible shall take place on July 1st of each fiscal year. These increases will occur, on annual basis, until the maximum step of $7,940 per month is reached on the salary schedule.
Job Close Date: 8/29/2022
Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3280452
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Contra Costa Community College District