History Adjunct Instructor (TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00828
Location: San Ramon Campus
Salary: $60.89-$88.35 per hour
Description of Position:
Bridgitte Schaffer (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: S4720-Applied Arts and Social Sciences
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Master’s in history
Bachelor’s in history AND Master’s in political science, humanities, geography, area studies, women’s studies, social science or ethnic studies
OR the equivalent
The equivalency form can be downloaded here:
Ability to and interest in teaching History courses listed in the DVC catalog, especially Asian American History. Ability to and interest in teaching these courses in mix of modalities (100% in-person, hybrid, and online).
Ability to and interest in working with students of diverse backgrounds, including students from historically underserved and underrepresented backgrounds, students of color, students with recent immigrant histories, students from cycles of low income if not poverty, students from indigenous communities, students from first-generation families, and adult students returning to college.
Job Open Date: 01/03/2022
Job Close Date: 5/20/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Fall 2022
# of Months: As needed
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2750322
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.