Adjunct Art Professor (TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00857
Location: Contra Costa College
Description of Position:
Provide course instruction in Art History classes in accordance with course outlines. Classes may include but are not limited to: Appreciation of Art and Architecture, Multi-Cultural Survey of American Art, History of Art: Prehistory through the Middle Ages, History of Art: Renaissance to Contemporary, Survey of Asian Arts.
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Master’s in art history, history of art and architecture, or visual culture/visual studies
Bachelor’s in art history and master’s in history
Master’s in art with a recorded emphasis or concentration in art history
OR the equivalent
Substantial formal training, experience, and interest in teaching one or more of the art courses listed above. Ability to work with a diverse student population.
Job Open Date: 04/21/2022
Job Close Date: 6/30/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: August 2022
# of Months: 5
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3022542
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Contra Costa Community College District