Nursing Assistant Professor (Registered Nursing – Medical Surgical/Psychiatric)
Posting Number: F00993
Location: Los Medanos College
Description of Position:
Under the direction of the associate dean in nursing & allied health and working closely with co-faculty within the department, this position is responsible for high-level classroom and/or skills lab/simulation teaching, participating in patient care teaching, and conducting creative learning activities. Faculty in this series teach the application of ADN nursing courses and the mastery of clinical care and process related to the nursing care of patients. This is a full-time appointment.
For questions, please contact Eileen Valenzuela in the Office of Instruction via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Status: Tenure- Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Full-Time Faculty
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to contractual duties, all full-time faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the teaching assignment may be in the evening and/or online. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. advancing equitable student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines;
2. participating in the assessment of student learning outcomes for courses and programs; developing and implementing student learning outcomes assessment processes for courses and programs;
3. collaborating in the development and revision of curriculum and in program review;
4. engaging in department program improvement initiatives;
5. participating in department, division, and college committees;
6. participating in professional development activities, both departmental and college-wide;
7. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/ learning strategies;
8. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
9. informing students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
10. preparing and grading class assignments and examinations and informing students of their academic progress;
11. maintaining attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submitting them according to published deadlines;
12. posting and holding sufficient and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy;
13. participating in College’s shared governance processes.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
1. Experience in teaching medical-surgical nursing theory/pediatrics/psychiatry and nursing skills as well as experience teaching clinical to registered nursing students at the pre-licensure level.
2. Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating curriculum in nursing and/or formal teaching presentations.
3. Experience utilizing a variety of teaching strategies to foster critical thinking and application of theory to practice.
4. Experience in facilitating student application of theory to practice by use of the nursing process and critical thinking in both classroom and clinical settings.
5. Sensitivity to, and experience working with diverse racial, ethnic, gender, socioeconomic, disabled, and cultural populations; and a commitment to support policies that respect and consider the diversity of the student population and its faculty.
Job Open Date: 05/04/2023
Job Close Date: 5/31/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: August 2023
# of Months: 12
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4186029
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.