Nursing Assistant Professor (Vocational Nursing)
Posting Number: F00887
Location: Los Medanos College
Description of Position:
Under the direction of the associate dean in nursing & allied health and working closely with co-faculty within the department, this position is responsible for high-level classroom and/or skills lab/simulation teaching, participating in patient care teaching, and conducting creative learning activities. Faculty in this series teach the application of vocational nursing courses and the mastery of clinical care and procedures in all areas related to the nursing care of patients. This is a full-time appointment.
For questions, please contact Eileen Valenzuela in the Office of Instruction via
Position Status: Tenure- Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Full-Time Faculty
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to contractual duties, all full-time faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the teaching assignment may be in the evening and/or online. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. advancing equitable student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines;
2. participating in the assessment of student learning outcomes for courses and programs; developing and implementing student learning outcomes assessment processes for courses and programs;
3. collaborating in the development and revision of curriculum and in program review;
4. engaging in department program improvement initiatives;
5. participating in department, division, and college committees;
6. participating in professional development activities, both departmental and college-wide;
7. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/ learning strategies;
8. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
9. informing students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
10. preparing and grading class assignments and examinations and informing students of their academic progress;
11. maintaining attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submitting them according to published deadlines;
12. posting and holding sufficient and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy;
13. participating in College’s shared governance processes.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
1. A Master’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education or administration.
2. At least one year’s experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care.
3. Completion of at least one year’s experience teaching courses related to nursing or a course which includes practice in teaching nursing.
4. Demonstrate “clinical competence” as defined by the Board of Registered Nursing. Definition found in Section 1420 as follows: [“Clinical Competency” means that a nursing program faculty member possesses and exercises the degree of learning, skill, care and experience ordinarily possessed and exercised by a staff level registered nurses on the clinical unit to which the instructor is assigned”].
5. A current valid license to practice as a registered nurse in California.
6. Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty..
1. Experience in teaching relevant and applicable fields and knowledge of theory and clinical matters2. Qualities of a team play who demonstrates support of the program and the college3. Experience in curriculum development4. Sensitivity to and experience working with a diverse student population and facultyExperience with online education
Job Open Date: 07/26/2022
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: Fall 2022
# of Months: 12
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3390165
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Contra Costa Community College District