Physics Adjunct Instructor (POOL)(TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00915
Location: Los Medanos College
Description of Position:
The Physical Science Department at Los Medanos College is developing a diverse pool of qualified part-time Physics instructors for possible teaching assignments. Assignments, when they become available, will be at either the main campus in Pittsburg, or at the new campus in Brentwood.”
Contact the Department Chair, Kurt Crowder at email@example.com
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: L5008-Physical Science
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Master’s in physics, astronomy or astrophysics
Bachelor’s in physics or astronomy
Master’s in engineering, mathematics, meteorology or geophysics
OR the equivalent
Experience teaching Physics courses.
Deep understanding of the subject matter.
Job Open Date: 10/20/2022
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: January 2023
# of Months: 4
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3561017
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Contra Costa Community College District