Nutritional Science Adjunct Instructor (TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00870
Location: Los Medanos College
Description of Position:
The Los Medanos College Biology Department seeks an enthusiastic teacher to become part of our adjunct instructional faculty. We are hiring for a nutrition adjunct instructor to teach in the 2022 – 2023 school year. The course will be taught in-person, online, or hybrid. Note: Teaching online and/or hybrid will require successful completion of the District’s BEOI (Becoming an Effective Online Instructor) training or have a District approved equivalency.
Additional job duties:
1. Inform students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.2. Maintain necessary attendance, and scholastic records and submit them according to published deadlines.3. Provide classroom instruction in accordance with approved course outlines.4. Prepare and grade class assignments and examinations and inform students of their academic
Contact Kyle Hanks (email@example.com) or Jill Bouchard (firstname.lastname@example.org), Biology Department Co-Chairs
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: L5010-Biological Sciences
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Master’s in nutrition, dietetics, dietetics and food administrationORBachelor’s degree in any of the aboveANDMaster’s degree in chemistry, public health, or family and consumer studies/home economicsORThe equivalent(NOTE: A bachelor’s in nutrition, dietetics, or dietetics and food administration, and certification as a registered dietitian, is an alternative qualification for this discipline.)
Master’s in any biological science
Bachelor’s in any biological science AND Master’s in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science
Job Open Date: 05/11/2022
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: Fall 022
# of Months: 4
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3408743
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Contra Costa Community College District