Biology Adjunct Instructor (Human Physiology) (TEMPROARY)
Posting Number: F00943
Location: Los Medanos College
Description of Position:
The Los Medanos College Biology Department seeks enthusiastic teachers to become part of our adjunct instructional faculty. Currently, we are looking to staff a section of Human Physiology (BioSc 45), which is a 5-unit course with 3 hours per week of in-person lecture instruction and 6 hours per week of in-person lab.
Additional Job Duties:
1. Inform students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.2. Maintain necessary attendance and scholastic records and submit them according to published deadlines.3. Provide classroom instruction in accordance with approved course outlines.4. Prepare and grade class assignments and examinations and inform students of their academic progress.5. Collaborate with course lead(s), the department chair(s), and technical personnel to assure that college mandates are met, and that all sections of a given course maintain coordination with each other.6. Teach courses offered in both daytime and evening at our main campus in Pittsburg, as well as at the Brentwood Center.
Contact Kyle Hanks or Jill Bouchard, Biology Department Co-Chairs, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
Position Status: Non-Tenure Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: L5010-Biological Sciences
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Master’s degree in any biological science
OR Bachelor’s degree in any biological science
AND master’s degree in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science
OR The equivalent
● A combination of education, clinical experience, and/or teaching experience that would enable the candidate to effectively teach curriculum of assigned biology or pre-health course with the concurrent lab● Excellent teaching ability● Community college teaching experience● Demonstrated ability to work productively and collaboratively in an extraordinarily diverse community of coworkers and/or students● An attitude that will put students and colleagues at ease, characterized by intellectual humility, kindness, acceptance of others’ faults and points of view, patience, and a generosity of spirit● Willingness and flexibility to pivot to on-line teaching based on changing COVID-19 guidelines
Job Open Date: 11/22/2022
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: Spring 2023
# of Months: 5
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3886264
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.