Work Experience Education Adjunct Instructor (TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00979
Location: Los Medanos College
Description of Position:
Los Medanos College is seeking energetic and dedicated candidates to apply for the position of Work Experience Education Instructor and to join a college committed to academic excellence and diversity, equity and inclusion among its faculty, staff, and students.
WRKX faculty members are responsible for the following:
• Assist students to develop appropriate learning objectives that are obtainable and reasonable within the scope of the WRKX program.
• Conduct one-on-one meetings with students to provide support and feedback regarding their work experience.
• Collect, maintain and complete course documents.
• Contact each employer twice, with at least one job visit.
• Maintain required student records in an organized and comprehensive manner and submit at the end of each term.
• Hours may include evenings and weekends depending on location and hours of student placements.
New instructors will be required to participate in a 2 hour training prior to instruction.
Rachel Anicetti, Director of Transfer & Career Services
Position Status: Non-Tenure Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: L1050-Student Services
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
The minimum qualifications in any discipline in which work experience may be provided at the college where the instructor or coordinator is employed. The current Work Experience Education disciplines are:
· Administration of Justice· Automotive Technology· Business· Child Development/Early Childhood Education· Computer Science· Construction Management· Electrical/Instrumentation Technology· Emergency Medical Services· Fire Technology· Graphic Design· Journalism· Process Technology· Recording Arts· Welding Technology
Note: Please read the Minimum Qualifications for Faculty published by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office for discipline requirements. You can copy and paste the url into your browser:
The college is seeking applicants who exhibit the highest level of professional excellence and dedication as evidenced by:
Demonstrated commitment to student learning and demonstrated commitment to promoting the success of all students in an open-access learning environment,
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to motivate and teach community college students of diverse ethnic backgrounds, cultures, preparation learning styles, and/or disabilities,
• Commitment to professional growth and development, to innovation and improvement of teaching, and to assuming faculty responsibilities beyond the classroom in a shared governance environment.
Job Open Date: 04/11/2023
Job Close Date: 6/30/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Fall 2023
# of Months: varies
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4089885
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.