Head Softball Coach (Temporary Adjunct Instructor)
Posting Number: F00869
Location: Los Medanos College
Description of Position:
Direct all aspects of a community college womens’ softball program, in collaboration with
LMC Athletic Director. Responsibilities include: recruitment of student athletes, on-field instruction and coaching, selection of assistant coaches, scheduling, budgeting, knowledge of Commission on Athletics and Bay Valley Conference rules and regulations.
1. Coach and teach a competitive intercollegiate softball program within a classroom environment.
2. Knowledge of and abide by the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) rules and regulations that govern softball at the community college level.
3. Oversee team practices, recruiting, budget, fundraising, and preparation of schedule.
4. Implement strength and conditioning program specific to each team member’s position.
5. Supervise assistant coaches and ensure all CCCCD and CCCAA rules, policies and regulations are being adhered to.
6. Ensure the academic success of LMC softball student athletes by understanding the CCCAA, NCAA and NAIA academic eligibility requirements for participation and transfer.
7. Work directly with the Kinesiology Department Chair to address any issues regarding teaching administrative duties and classroom management.
8. Maintain an environment of academic instruction and comply with other duties as assigned by Kinesiology Division.
9. Prepare Student Athletes to transition to a four-year intercollegiate level with the academic and athletic tools necessary for success.
Richard Villegas, Athletic Director
925-642-4249 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: L7005-Intercollegiate Athletics
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Any bachelor’s degree and two years of coaching experience in softball, or any associate degree and six years of coaching experience in softball.
2 years Head or Assistant Coach experience in coaching softball at the community college, college or university level.
Experience in working with diverse racial and ethnic groups.
Possess a Master’s Degree in Kinesiology, Physical Education or approved discipline.
Job Open Date: 12/14/2022
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: TBD
# of Months: 12
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3758055
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Contra Costa Community College District