Business Management/Entrepreneurship Assistant Professor (Tenure Track)
Posting Number: F00928
Location: Diablo Valley College
Description of Position:
Diablo Valley College inspires, educates, and empowers a diverse community of students to transform their lives and their communities. DVC instructors close the equity gaps by fostering success among all students. To help further this work, DVC seeks a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Business Management and Entrepreneurship to start in Fall of 2023.
We are looking for a colleague who will demonstrate discipline expertise and show sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic backgrounds and abilities of community college students.
We are looking for instructors who share a strong commitment to social and racial justice and who use or are inspired to use antiracist pedagogies that close equity gaps by recognizing, understanding, and respecting the perspectives of all students.
We strongly encourage those with historically marginalized and/or underrepresented identities to apply, including people of color, nonbinary and transgender individuals, women, and Indigenous people.
The successful applicant will have a combination of management education and professional experience. Candidates should be well qualified to teach a full range of business management and entrepreneurship courses in face-to-face, online, and hybrid instruction modes. Topics, include but are not limited to, Introduction to Management Studies, Practices and Concepts of Supervision, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship and Venture Management, and Small Business Management. Prior industry experience is desirable.
Contact Susan Turnquist at email@example.com
Position Status: Tenure- Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Full-Time Faculty
Department: D3600-Business Administration
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to contractual duties, all full-time faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the teaching assignment may be in the evening and/or online. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. advancing equitable student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines;
2. participating in the assessment of student learning outcomes for courses and programs; developing and implementing student learning outcomes assessment processes for courses and programs;
3. collaborating in the development and revision of curriculum and in program review;
4. engaging in department program improvement initiatives;
5. participating in department, division, and college committees;
6. participating in professional development activities, both departmental and college-wide;
7. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/ learning strategies;
8. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
9. informing students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
10. preparing and grading class assignments and examinations and informing students of their academic progress;
11. maintaining attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submitting them according to published deadlines;
12. posting and holding sufficient and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy;
13. participating in College’s shared governance processes.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications (earned degrees must be from an accredited college/university):
Master’s in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing or business education;
OR Bachelor’s in any of the above AND Master’s in economics, personnel management, public administration, or Juris Doctor Degree (J.D.) or Legum Baccalaureus (LL.B.);
OR Bachelor’s in economics with a business emphasis AND Master’s in personnel management, public administration, or Juris Doctor Degree (J.D.) or Legum Baccalaureus (LL.B.);
OR the equivalent
If you do not possess the EXACT minimum qualifications (i.e., you do not possess the EXACT degree title listed) and believe that you meet the minimum qualifications, fill out the equivalency petition form in the document section of the online application. If you are unsure that you meet the minimum qualifications, please fill out the equivalency petition. The equivalency form can be downloaded here
Highly qualified candidates will possess knowledge, skills, and experience that address the desirable qualifications below. Responses to the supplemental questions below allow the applicant to describe how they meet these qualifications.
• Demonstrated commitment to student learning and to the success of all students in the open-access learning environment of a community college.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to issues of diversity and the ability to motivate and teach community college students of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds, sexual orientations, genders, cultures, and learning styles, as well as students with disabilities or varied levels of academic preparation.
• Commitment to professional growth and development, and to innovation and improvement of teaching.
• Ability to assume faculty responsibilities beyond the classroom in a shared governance environment, including committee membership, student club advising, connecting with the local business community, and administrative department duties and reporting.
• Demonstrated excellence in preparation and knowledge in the business management and entrepreneurship subject areas, including demonstrated work experience in business management and entrepreneurship.
• Ability to teach business management and entrepreneurship classes, in addition to general business classes.
• Experience in or preparation for teaching business management and entrepreneurship classes in an online or hybrid environment.
Job Open Date: 11/08/2022
Job Close Date: 1/23/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: August, 2023
# of Months: 10
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3631304
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Contra Costa Community College District