Librarian Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F00986
Location: Diablo Valley College
Description of Position:
The position will engage in a full range of reference, library instruction, collection development, and outreach activities.
Duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
1. participate in the development, delivery, and assessment of all Library instructional efforts for campus-based and distance education;
2. providing reference service and instruction on the use of print and electronic information resources to students, faculty, staff and the community;
3. participating in the collection, development and implementation of print and electronic information resources and services;
4. collaborating with faculty on assignments, collection needs, and integration of information literacy into the college curriculum;
5. developing library collections in the assigned subject areas;
6. contributing to the development and maintenance of the Library’s web page;
7. maintaining current knowledge in the field of Library Science and Information Management;
8. participating in department, college committees, and College’s shared governance process; 9. participating in professional development activities;
10. maintaining of appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
11. performing other related duties as assigned.
In addition to contractual duties, all faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college.
Assignment may be in the evening, weekends, and/or online. Assignment may be at San Ramon and/or Pleasant Hill campus libraries.
Position Status: Non-Tenure Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Master’s in library science, library and information science, OR the equivalent
• Evidence of strong interpersonal and communication skills and the proven ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff and administration.
• Experience delivering student centered reference and instructional services in an academic library environment.
• Experience using and teaching the use of a library discovery platform and a broad range of research databases both at the reference desk and in a classroom setting.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Willingness to maintain an environment conducive to learning while setting a friendly and welcoming tone.
Job Open Date: 05/02/2023
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: Fall 2023
# of Months: 5 months
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4153025
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.