Culinary Arts Adjunct Instructor(TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00893
Location: Diablo Valley College
Description of Position:
The Diablo Valley College Culinary Department is seeking Adjunct Faculty in Culinary. An adjunct instructional faculty member will be responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in his/her discipline. The individual is expected to exercise professionalism and civility in all activities related to the role of academician, including those concerned with the various duties assigned, and any involvement with colleagues, peers, community, and students.
Example courses that might be taught by this position include Garde Manger, Chocolate, Candies and Truffles or Purchasing Ops.
Charlie Shi, Dean Business, Culinary, and Computer Science
Position Status: Non-Tenure Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D3620-Hotel/Restaurant Management
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
1. Any bachelor’s degree AND two years of professional experience in Computer Information Systems or related field.
2. Any associate degree AND six years of professional experience in Computer Information Systems or related field.
– Teaching experience at the community college level
– Canvas LMS experience and/or Quality Matters training or certifications.
-Ideal candidates will possess extraordinary interpersonal skills, leadership qualities, a passion for teaching, and the ability to effectively communicate with students to help them achieve their educational goals.
-Commitment to professional growth and development.
Job Open Date: 09/14/2022
Job Close Date: 12/9/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Fall 2022
# of Months: 5 months
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3477400
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Contra Costa Community College District