Dental Assisting Adjunct Instructor (TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00938
Location: Diablo Valley College
Description of Position:
Diablo Valley College (DVC) in Pleasant Hill, California is seeking a part-time instructor for our Spring 2023 semester to provide college level clinical and laboratory instruction in our Dental Assisting Program.
The primary teaching assignment may include theory and clinical instruction of dental assisting students with the goal of helping students fulfill mastery of entry-level competencies. Teaching assignments may include, but not limited to Dental Radiography, Dental Office Management, and Advanced Chairside Skills.
All dental assisting program faculty must have current knowledge of the specific subjects they are teaching, and documented background in 30 hours of current educational methodology concepts consistent with teaching assignments.
DVC welcomes faculty with a vision of excellence in instruction and an ability to employ various formats and styles in support of successful student learning.
Successful applicants will demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic backgrounds and abilities of community college students.
Position Status: Non-Tenure Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D3515-Dental Hygiene
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Bachelor’s degree; and two years of occupational experience related to the subject of the course taught or equivalent.
The college is seeking applicants who exhibit the highest level of professional excellence and dedication, and who meet the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) requirements for the position as evidenced by:
1. Applicant must possess current knowledge of subject teaching, and documented background in education methodology in teaching assignment.
2. Applicant must also possess current knowledge of dental assisting and fourhanded dental assisting techniques, and documented background in education methodology in teaching assignment.
3. Demonstrated commitment to student learning and to the success of all students in an open-access learning environment.
4. Demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to motivate, instruct and supervise community college students of diverse ethnic backgrounds, cultures, preparation, learning styles, and/or disabilities.
5. Commitment to professional growth and development, to innovation and improvement of teaching.
6. Demonstrated excellence in preparation and knowledge in the dental programs subject.
Job Open Date: 11/16/2022
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: spring 2023
# of Months: 5 months
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3886241
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.