Food Services Assistant (TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: 0001792
Location: Diablo Valley College
To assist in the serving of food and perform cashiering duties in the snack bar, cafeteria, and/or faculty and staff dining room.
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Prepare and service deli-type foods such as sandwiches, salads, and hot drinks.
• Slice meats, prepare filling for sandwiches, salads, and hot drinks.
• Clean work area and steam table; properly store food to ensure health safety.
• Operate cash register, count receipts at the end of the day.
• Open and close cafeteria, snack bar and/or staff and faculty dining room.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
• No experience required.
EDUCATION/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
• Possession of a high school diploma/GED or the equivalent.
• Possession or the ability to obtain a ServSafe Certificate.
• Basic food preparation and food storage.
• Sanitation principles as they relate to food service and kitchen maintenance.
• Inventory methods and procedures.
• Basic mathematic principles
• Follow oral and written directions.
• Count and handle money taken for payment of food.
• Operate a cash register and other equipment.
• Operate slicing and wrapping equipment.
• Prepare sandwiches and beverages.
• Establish and maintain cooperative work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
• Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, and religious background of all students, faculty and staff, and with all individuals encountered in the performance of required duties.
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3725296
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Contra Costa Community College District