Hip Hop Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F01011
Location: Diablo Valley College
Description of Position:
Candidate will be available to teach Hip Hop classes
Position Status: Non-Tenure Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D3030-Performing Arts
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Master’s in dance, physical education with a dance emphasis, or theater with dance emphasis, OR Bachelor’s in any of the above AND Master’s in physical education, any life science, physiology, theater arts, kinesiology, humanities, performing arts or music OR the equivalent
Job Open Date: 08/09/2023
Job Close Date: 12/19/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Fall 2023
# of Months: 5 months
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4474471
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.