Human Anatomy and/or Human Physiology Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F00783
Location: Diablo Valley College
Salary: $60.89 – $88.35 per hour
Description of Position:
DVC inspires, educates, and empowers a diverse community of students to transform their lives and their communities. DVC instructors close the equity gaps by fostering success among all students.
To further this work, DVC is looking for adjunct instructors to teach a variety of biology courses, though specifically Human Anatomy (BIOSC-139) and Human Physiology (BIOSC-140).
Position Status: Non-Tenure Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D3500-Biological Sciences
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Master’s in any biological science OR Bachelor’s in any biological science AND Master’s in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science OR the equivalent
• demonstrated commitment to student learning and demonstrated commitment to promoting the success of all students in an open-access learning environment,
• demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to motivate and teach community college students of diverse ethnic backgrounds, cultures, preparation, learning styles, and/or disabilities,
• commitment to professional growth and development, to innovation and improvement of teaching, and to assuming faculty responsibilities beyond the classroom in a shared governance environment,
• demonstrated excellence in preparation and knowledge of: Human Anatomy (BIOSC-139) and Human Physiology (BIOSC-140)
Job Open Date: 09/22/2021
Job Close Date: 12/10/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Spring 2022
# of Months: 5 months
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2523877
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.