Microbiology Adjunct Instructor (TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00884
Location: Diablo Valley College
Description of Position:
DVC inspires, educates, and empowers a diverse community of students to transform their lives and their communities. DVC instructors close the equity gaps by fostering success among all students.
To further this work, DVC is looking for adjunct instructors to teach a variety of biology courses, though specifically Fundamentals of Microbiology (BIOSC-119).
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D3500-Biological Sciences
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Master’s in any biological scienceOR Bachelor’s in any biological science AND Master’s in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine scienceOR the equivalent
• demonstrated commitment to student learning and demonstrated commitment to promoting the success of all students in an open-access learning environment,
• demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to motivate and teach community college students of diverse ethnic backgrounds, cultures, preparation, learning styles, and/or disabilities,
• commitment to professional growth and development, to innovation and improvement of teaching, and to assuming faculty responsibilities beyond the classroom in a shared governance environment,
• demonstrated excellence in preparation and knowledge of Fundamentals of Microbiology (BIOSC 119.)
Job Open Date: 07/18/2022
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: Fall 2022
# of Months: 5 months
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3713702
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Contra Costa Community College District