Construction Adjunct Instructor (TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00922
Location: Diablo Valley College
Description of Position:
DVC inspires, educates, and empowers a diverse community of students to transform their lives and their communities. DVC instructors close the equity gaps by fostering success among all students. To further this work, DVC is looking for a qualified adjunct instructors to teach in our Construction program, in the Spring 2023 semester. Applicants must be able to teach variety of classes, ranging from materials and methods of construction to blue print reading and building codes and inspection. Many of these courses emphasize a hands-on participatory approach with students utilizing campus lab facilities.
Position Status: Non-Tenure Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
Job Open Date: 10/26/2022
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: Spring 2023
# of Months: 5 months
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4004926
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.