Adjunct Computer Science Professor (TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00999
Location: Contra Costa College
Description of Position:
The Contra Costa College Astronomy, Physics, Engineering and Computer Science Department is seeking Adjunct Faculty in Computer Science / Programming. An adjunct instructional faculty member will be responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in his/her discipline. The individual is expected to exercise professionalism and civility in all activities related to the role of academician, including those concerned with the various duties assigned, and any involvement with colleagues, peers, community, and students.
Example courses that might be taught by this position include Assembly, Python, and C/C++.
Other teaching opportunities might exist and pool applicants are welcome.
Instructor must follow department guidelines, including exam and homework standards; be able to prepare and grade class assignments and exams; inform students of their academic progress of course requirements, and evaluation procedures; maintain scholastic records and submit them according to published deadlines and be able to serve a diverse student body in age, ethnicity and academic skills.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. the advancement of student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines;
2. abide by longstanding department standards and guidelines, including giving 4 midterms and a final;
3. maintenance of current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/learning strategies;
4. maintenance of appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
5. provide classroom instruction in accordance with approved course outlines;
6. prepare and grade class assignments and examinations and inform students of their academic progress;
7. inform students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
8. maintain attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submit them according to published deadlines
9. post and maintain adequate and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy;
Jon Celesia, APECS Department Chair
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: C7000-NSAS DIV Natural & Applied Sc
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Link: https://asccc.org/sites/default/files/Minimum_Qualifications2018.pdfhttp://californiacommunitycolleges.cccco.edu/Portals/0/Reports/2017-Minimum-Qualifications-Handbook-r1-ADA.pdf Minimum Qualifications (Note: Degrees must be from an accredited college/university)
Master’s in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Bachelor’s in either of the above AND Master’s in mathematics, cybernetics, business administration, accounting or engineering
Bachelor’s in engineering AND Master’s in cybernetics, engineering, mathematics, or business administration
OR Bachelor’s in mathematics AND Master’s in cybernetics, engineering, mathematics, or business administration
OR Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND A master’s degree in information science, computer information systems, or information systems
OR the equivalent.
* (If you do not possess the listed degrees, you must complete the equivalency form provided in the online application.)
Teaching in an online synchronous environment
Experience teaching at a community college
Experience teaching courses in C/C++, MIPS and x86
Job Open Date: 05/24/2023
Job Close Date: 6/30/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Fall 2023
# of Months: 5 months (with possibility of reappointment)
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4217597
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.