Adjunct Instructor of Spanish
Posting Number: F00990
Location: Contra Costa College
Description of Position:
Contra Costa College is accepting applications for a part-time Spanish assistant professor in the Foreign Language Department at Contra Costa College. The position entails teaching first year Elementary Spanish courses, first year Conversational Spanish courses, and/or Spanish for Healthcare in online, hybrid and classroom modalities.
Prof. Irena Stefanova (email@example.com)
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: C3006-Foreign Language
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
The applicant must possess a Master’s degree in Spanish OR Bachelor’s degree in Spanish AND Master’s in another language or linguistics OR the equivalent.(If you are applying for equivalency, please attach the Master’s Degree Discipline Equivalency form contained in the application packet.)
1. Theoretical and philosophical grounding in teaching proficiency-oriented language courses using communicative and task-based approaches, including specialized training, experience and expertise in teaching first year college level Spanish courses in both online and classroom modalities.2. Understanding of and sensitivity to diverse populations.3. Experience, demonstrated commitment, ability and enthusiasm to teach elementary Spanish courses to diverse student populations at the community college level.4. Familiarity and experience with efforts and strategies to help close the achievement gap.5. Ability and willingness to modify your personal teaching style based on feedback and current research in effective teaching strategies.
Job Open Date: 05/02/2023
Job Close Date: 6/1/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Summer 2023
# of Months: 5 months (semester length)
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4206186
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.