Administrative Assistant III
Posting Number: 0001867
Location: Contra Costa College
Salary: YEARLY SALARY: $59,016, step 1 – $71,904, step 5 (see special instructions for step placement)
To perform a variety of complex and responsible clerical and administrative duties for assigned office, department or program, including document processing, record keeping, and technical report compilation and interpretation of policies and procedures within assigned area.
Administrative Assistant I -This classification performs less complex clerical, program, or instructional support assignments while learning District policies and procedures.
Administrative Assistant II – This classification is distinguished from the Administrative Assistant I by the performance of a variety of activities involved in the preparation of reports, scheduling and a broad range of complex administrative tasks.
Administrative Assistant III – This classification performs more complex administrative tasks and interpretation of policies and procedures with minimal supervision. Typically reports to a College Dean or other high-level manager.
Administrative Assistant, Senior – This classification typically supports a Vice President or other executive manager with a broad level of responsibility with substantial District-wide impact. The duties involve a wide variety of diverse and complex administrative tasks as well as departmental coordination, requiring a substantial amount of tact, judgment, and initiative.
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
• Acts as a liaison between campus employees and the public to coordinate activities; answers phones and screen calls; schedules appointments; provides general departmental information, documents, and forms.
• Assists or gives guidance and general information to staff, students and the public in navigating departmental processes.
• Assists in planning and scheduling department activities; researches and provides direction on questions pertaining to policies and procedures.
• Performs routine personnel, budget, and payroll functions for assigned department; develops and initiates a variety of files and records such as payroll, budget and attendance.
• Examines and verifies fiscal records and expenditures; maintains budget records; reconciles budget accounts to ensure accuracy; receives purchasing invoices; arranges for payment of appropriate purchases.
• Receives, classifies, reconciles, interprets, consolidates, and/or summarizes documents and information.
• Maintains department/office records and fiscal information for control purposes, such as student and employee databases, transcripts, correspondence, tests, advisory certificates and probation reports.
• Researches and prepares reports and analyses within prescribed guidelines, including statistical reports, drawing data from a variety of both internal and external sources.
• Prepares and proofreads a wide variety of documents such as course proposals, confidential memoranda, exams, class outlines, reports, schedules, and letters; organizes and maintains internal records and filing systems.
• Operates a variety of office equipment, including photocopier, calculator, and computer.
• May notify students of and post canceled classes.
• Dispatches service requisitions; determines and assigns priorities of requests.
• May serve as Secretary to a committee; prepares agendas; schedules facilities; records and prepares minutes.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Three (3) years of experience performing broad and varied complex clerical and administrative duties.
EDUCATION/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
Possession of a high school diploma / GED or the equivalent with some college coursework.
Modern office procedures, practices and technology/equipment.
Modern software applications (Microsoft Office Suite, etc.).
English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
Keyboard with accuracy.
Perform responsible clerical work with accuracy and speed.
Meet multiple established timelines and deadlines without immediate supervision.
Learn and interpret District or college rules, laws, and policies, and apply them using good judgment in a variety of procedural situations.
Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Make mathematical calculations quickly and accurately.
Serve students, staff and colleagues in a helpful, empathetic, professional manner.
Establish and maintain cooperative work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
Apply general rules, policies and procedures of the departmental/office to which assigned.
Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, and religious background of all students, faculty and staff, and with all individuals encountered in the performance of required duties.
• Demonstrate cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff.
• Demonstrated skill in multi-tasking, prioritizing workloads, and working independently.
• Experience with research and compiling data for, formatting, and preparing statistical, financial and other reports.
Note: New employees will be placed at the first step which is $4,918 per month, second step $5,167 per month or third step at $5,427 per month (depending upon experience). Based on current salary placement guidelines, all step increases for which an employee becomes eligible shall take place on July 1st of each fiscal year. These increases will occur, on annual basis, until the maximum step of $5,992 per month is reached on the salary schedule.
YEARLY SALARY: $59,016, step 1 – $71,904, step 5
This position will support the Dean, faculty and staff of the Natural, Social and Applied Sciences Division.
Job Close Date: 6/29/2023
Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4215161
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.