Automotive Collision Repair Assistant Professor
Posting Number: F00844
Location: Contra Costa College
Description of Position:
This is a full-time, tenure track certificated position in the Automotive Services Department at Contra Costa College in San Pablo, CA. The position requires teaching a normal full-time load, part of which may be assigned in the evening and/or weekend programs, maintaining regular office hours and participating in college and department governance activities. The position is assigned to the Automotive Services Department. The teaching assignment for this position will typically include courses such as Collision Repair, Refinishing and Welding.
Please email Shraddha Luitel with any inquiries at: email@example.com
Position Status: Tenure- Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Full-Time Faculty
Department: C8046-Automotive Svcs/Appliance Rep.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to contractual duties, all full-time faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the teaching assignment may be in the evening and/or online. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. advancing equitable student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines;
2. participating in the assessment of student learning outcomes for courses and programs; developing and implementing student learning outcomes assessment processes for courses and programs;
3. collaborating in the development and revision of curriculum and in program review;
4. engaging in department program improvement initiatives;
5. participating in department, division, and college committees;
6. participating in professional development activities, both departmental and college-wide;
7. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/ learning strategies;
8. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
9. informing students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
10. preparing and grading class assignments and examinations and informing students of their academic progress;
11. maintaining attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submitting them according to published deadlines;
12. posting and holding sufficient and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy;
13. participating in College’s shared governance processes.
Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
• Ability to teach college level automotive collision courses.
• Possess current and broad knowledge in the Automotive Collision Repair and Refinishing.
• Ability to work on departmental duties, such as inventory maintenance, student recruiting, curriculum development and service on departmental and college committees.
• Demonstrated involvement in trade, educational or professional organizations related to collision repair.
• Ability to work with student organizations and trade advisory committees.
• Possession of A.S.E. Technical Certificates in teaching areas, ICAR Training, and Welding Certifications.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to, and ability to work with, diverse racial, ethnic, gender, disabled, and cultural populations.
Job Open Date: 02/15/2022
Job Close Date: 7/7/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: August 2022/Fall Semester 2022
# of Months: 10
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3181409
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Contra Costa Community College District