Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide Adjunct Instructor (TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00921
Location: Contra Costa College
Description of Position:
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide Adjunct Instructor
Jacqueline Wright, RN Program Directorjwright@contracosta.edu510 215-4117
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS: Any bachelor’s degree with two (2) years professional experience OR any associate degree and six (6) years of professional experience. DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH INSTURCTOR REQUIREMENTS: One (1) year full time nursing experience as a licensed nurse providing direct patient care in a long term care facility, in addition to one(1) year of experience planning, implementing, and evaluating educational programs in nursing. ORTwo (2) years of full time experience as a licensed nurse, at least one(1) year of which must be in the provision of direct patient care in a nursing facility (also long term care facility). In addition, twenty-four (24) hours of continuing education courses in planning, implementing and evaluation of educational program in nursing is required. These courses must be approved by the Board of Registered Nursing or courses administered by an accredited educational institution.
Registered Nurse license preferred.
Job Open Date: 10/26/2022
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: January 2023
# of Months: 5 months (semester length) or open
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4193714
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.