Mathematics Adjunct Instructor (TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F01006
Location: Contra Costa College
Description of Position:
This is a part time position in the Mathematics Department. The successful applicant will be well qualified to teach all levels of mathematics courses and to develop innovative instructional strategies for our students. The position requires teaching a full load with experience in various modalities (in-person, hybrid, synchronous, asynchronous) and may include teaching evening hours.
Instructors must be able to prepare and grade class assignments and exams; inform students of their academic progress of course requirements; follow evaluation procedures; maintain scholastic records and submit them according to published deadlines; and be able to serve a student body that is diverse in age, ethnicity and academic skills.
Sherry Sharufa, firstname.lastname@example.org, (510) 215-3810
Trung Nguyen, email@example.com, (510) 215-6845
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: C7000-NSAS DIV Natural & Applied Sc
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Master’s in mathematics or applied mathematics OR Bachelor’s in either of the above AND Master’s in statistics, physics or mathematics education OR the equivalent.
(If you do not possess the listed degrees, you must complete the equivalency form provided in the online application.)
• Experience teaching a wide range of mathematics courses, using various modes of instruction, at the community college level, or related experience.
• Experience developing and revising mathematics materials and curriculum, and awareness of effects of AB1705 on curriculum.
• Ability to meaningfully connect with students and build an inclusive, equitable, culturally responsive classroom environment that supports students’ intellectual growth.
• Ability and willingness to adapt teaching style to meet the evolving needs of students.
• Ability and willingness to innovate, including integrating new technology and teaching methodologies, to enhance student learning outcomes.
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and other stakeholders within and outside of the department.
Job Open Date: 06/21/2023
Job Close Date: 9/30/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Summer 2023, Fall 2023, Spring 2024
# of Months: 5 months (semester length)
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4522898
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.