Adjunct Instructor in Anatomy or Physiology (TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00858
Location: Contra Costa College
Description of Position:
We need Part-time instructors to teach Biology and Biotechnology classes. These are separate courses and not a combined course.Each of these classes are lecture and lab courses, 3 hours of lecture, 3 hours of lab each week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide classroom instruction in accordance with approved course outlines.
2. Inform students concerning course requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance requirements.
3. Maintain necessary attendance, scholastic, and personnel records, and to submit them according to published guidelines
4. Prepare and grade classroom assignments and examinations, and to inform students of their academic progress.
Please indicate in your introductory letter the course(s) you would like to be considered for interview.
Deborah A. Dixon, Biology Department Co-Chair, email@example.com (510) 215-3993
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: C7002-Biological Sciences
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
| The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications: 1. A Master’s Degree in any biological science or
2. A Bachelor’s Degree in any biological science AND a Master’s Degree in biochemistry, biophysics or marine science or an MD, DVM or other doctorate degree
3. The equivalent. (If you believe that you meet the minimum qualifications via equivalency, please fill out the Master’s Degree Discipline Equivalency form in the application packet.)
Experience in teaching biological science class at the community college level.Experience teaching specifically Human Anatomy with human cadavers.Experience teaching specifically Human Physiology with wet lab preparations including frog physiological experiments.Experience with teaching using technology, including, but not limited to use of remote education platforms.
Job Open Date: 04/21/2022
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: Fall 2022 semester, Starting in August 2022.
# of Months: 5
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3408674
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Contra Costa Community College District