Culinary Adjunct Instructor (TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00908
Location: Contra Costa College
Description of Position:
Part-time instructors for one or more of the following courses:California Cuisine, International Cuisine, Becoming ServSafe Certified
Elisabeth Schwarz (Faculty)510.215.3879For faster response, please submit inquiries via firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: C8060-Culinary Arts
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of relevant professional in Culinary Arts experience or
2. Associate degree and six years of relevant professional in Culinary Arts experience or
3. A valid California community college instructor credential authorizing full-time instruction in Culinary Arts or
4. The equivalent, (if you believe that you meet the minimum qualifications via equivalency, please fill out the equivalency petition form in the application packet)
Ideal candidates will possess extraordinary interpersonal skills, leadership qualities, a passion for teaching, and the ability to effectively communicate with students to help them achieve their educational goals.
Job Open Date: 10/13/2022
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: Spring 2023
# of Months: 5 months (semester length) or open
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4193696
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.