Technical Theatre/Stagecraft (Stage Manager) Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F01013
Location: Contra Costa College
Description of Position:
Provide instruction in stage management and serve as stage manager for Contra Costa College Drama productions.
Position Status: Non-Tenure Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience.ORAny associate degree and six years of professional experience.The professional experience must be directly related to the teaching assignment.
Substantial formal training, experience, and interest in stage management. Stage management training and experience preferred. Ability to work with a diverse student population.
Job Open Date: 08/15/2023
Job Close Date: 9/15/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Fall 2023
# of Months: 2 months summer semester, 5 months (semester length)
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4492530
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.