Automotive Service Adjunct Instructor (TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00911
Location: Contra Costa College
Description of Position:
Part-time instructors for one or more of the following courses:Automotive Fundamentals, Auto Brakes, Auto Suspension & Steering, Auto Electrical, Auto Engine Service, Auto Heating & Air Conditioning, Auto Drivetrains, Auto Hybrid & Electric VehiclesPlease note: The Automotive Service program at Contra Costa College is ASE certified. Instructors must possess ASE certifications for the classes they are going to teach.
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: C8046-Automotive Svcs/Appliance Rep.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Any bachelor’s degree or higher and 2 years of professional experience
Any associate degree and 6 years of professional experience
The professional experience required must be directly related to the faculty member’s teaching assignment
1. Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Master Certification2. Experience mentoring new technicians3. Ability to teach students from varying socio-economically and culturally diverse backgrounds.
4. Demonstrated skills in collaborative teamwork with male and female colleagues modeling inclusivity.
Job Open Date: 10/14/2022
Job Close Date: 5/22/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Spring 2023 and later
# of Months: 5 months (semester length) or open
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4206046
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.