Computer Information Systems Adjunct Instructor (Temporary)
Posting Number: F00967
Location: San Ramon Campus
Description of Position:
Diablo Valley College in San Ramon is seeking an adjunct instructor for CIS classes in Spring 2023. Instructors appointed to the adjunct temporary pool may be used to cover adjunct temporary and/or substitute openings in the department.Assignments can vary in duration and are not guaranteed. Duties may include an assignment in any computer information system course, including, but not limited to, web design, web authoring software, Microsoft Office applications, Windows operating system, Apple operating system, and additional CIS courses as developed by the department. Successful applicants will demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, social economic, cultural, ethnic backgrounds and abilities of Community College students.
Faculty hired to teach online, or hybrid must meet the same standards as faculty teaching in the face-to-face modality, with the additional requirement of either having previous experience and/or training in the online modality, or digital content/media skills.Online faculty should have experience with computerized Learning Management Systems including Proficiency in the use of standard office applications on personal computers.
Online faculty should have experience working in an accelerated learning format (3, 6, 8, and 10 weeks, etc.) and commit to working online with students 5 of 7 days per online week. Faculty teaching online/hybrid courses will participate in training opportunities as needed in leveraging local/district/CVC-OEI workshops on instructional design, online pedagogy, and any additional distance education Technologies.
Online and hybrid faculty must be proficient and providing online content utilizing pedagogical practices in accordance with the base standards set forth by the Online Education Initiative (OEI) and ACCJC.
Online and hybrid faculty must maintain regular, effective and substantive contact between instructor and student and among students to increase Student Success in online learning. These forms of contact are also required by federal, state, the Accrediting Commission of Community and Junior Colleges and CCCCD governing board policies.
Selection of DE/hybrid Faculty is based on them meeting all the above criteria plus in the case of online/hybrid classes, the department will choose faculty who are the most qualified to teach in that modality.
Mario Tejada (Department Chair)
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: S4710-CIS & Business Education
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
The minimum qualification for this discipline is any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
Professional experience is required when the applicant possesses a master’s degree. The professional experience required must be directly related to the faculty member’s teaching assignment.
Newly adopted title 5 §53413 regulations modified and expanded revisions to minimum qualifications for service as an apprenticeship instructor teaching community college credit apprenticeship courses that are part of an apprenticeship program approved by the Division of Apprenticeship Standards.
• Currency and depth of knowledge in assigned area of responsibility and subject matter.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively and professionally with colleagues and members of the campus community.
• Commitment to the teaching profession, its goals and ideals, and enthusiasm for the mission of the Diablo Valley College.
• Understanding of contemporary equity and diversity concepts and issues in a community college setting.
• Familiarity with, willingness and ability to use multiple teaching methods including computer-based learning.
• Ability and enthusiasm to use teaching methods that engage students and encourage them to be motivated self-learners.
• Knowledge, training and experience with online pedagogy and technology.
• Evidence of excellent written and oral skills in English.
Job Open Date: 03/07/2023
Job Close Date: 6/30/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: March 2023
# of Months: 5
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3984566
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.