Join the Covered California team!
Do you have experience working with Accounts Receivable (AR) and Reconciliations? Are you able to work well under pressure to solve problems and communicate clear recommendations? If you have a passion for operational excellence and are interested in a financial leadership role, apply through CalCareers today!
In this role, you will be the leader of the Cashiering Unit, which performs a variety of duties related to financial and accounting analysis, reconciliation, and reporting. This role also interacts on a frequent basis with senior management to present important finance and accounting-related information and facilitate financial decision-making.
The classification title for this role is Accounting Administrator I (Supervisor).
Application Deadline: 5/7/2021 @ 11:59 pm PST
- Planning, organizing, and directing the work of staff performing duties related to the monthly reconciliation of receipts and disbursements
- Working closely with staff to resolve issues and ensure the correct reconciliation and processing of regular deposit
Reviewing and understanding Structured Query Language (SQL) and working with programmers, FMD, and Information Technology (IT) to resolve accounting system issues
- Evaluating staff work performance, identifying training needs and/or opportunities for improved job performance, and promptly identifying and addressing/resolving employee performance issues
- Overseeing the Agent Certification Fees and providing guidance and recommendations to staff who collect and record the receipts of agent certification fees
- Experience in FI$Cal or any other internet-based accounting system
- Experience in accounts receivable
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Ability to perform well under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment, and ability to make sound decisions and adapt to change
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide leadership and work in a team-based, collaborative environment that supports and promotes a diverse workforce
EITHER – PATTERN 1
- One year of experience performing the duties of a professional accounting class equivalent in level to Senior Accounting Officer (Supervisor), Senior Accounting Officer (Specialist), Associate Accounting Analyst, or Associate Administrative Analyst (Accounting Systems)
OR – PATTERN 2
- Experience: Four years of increasingly responsible professional accounting or auditing experience, with at least one year of supervising staff in the operation of an accounting system AND;
- Education: Equivalent to graduation from college with specialization in accounting OR completion of 45-semester units given by a collegiate-grade residence or correspondence institution, with at least 24-semester units of courses in financial accounting, managerial accounting, intermediate/advanced accounting, fund/governmental accounting, cost accounting, auditing, business law, computer applications/management information systems
At Covered California, we recognize our employees are our most valuable asset that helps ensure that our vision, mission, and values are fully realized. We provide incredible benefits for our employees, including healthcare, retirement, and savings, work-life services, leave benefits, and work-life balance. To learn more, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://hbex.coveredca.com/careers/benefits/
- Please send any questions regarding the application process and/or position to Careers@covered.ca.gov
- New to state civil service employees are typically hired at the minimum of the salary range
- Salaries do not reflect recent changes necessitated by the unanticipated budget shortfalls arising from the COVID-19 pandemic; through June 30, 2022, this position is subject to a base pay salary reduction of 9.23% in exchange for 16 hours of Personal Leave Credits per month
About Covered California
Covered California works to improve the health of all Californians by assuring their access to affordable, high-quality healthcare. Our employees are the vital link that ensures that our vision, mission, and values are fully realized and are the driving force that allows us to continually provide exceptional service to those who need it most.
We offer an award-winning wellness program, an inclusive and diverse atmosphere, employee recognition programs, on-site fitness centers at our Sacramento and Service Center locations, and free parking at all of our locations!