ECONorthwest, the Pacific Northwest’s largest economics consulting firm, is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to lead our marketing department. In this position, you will lead our three-person marketing team in Oregon and Washington to produce high-quality content that engages our clients and builds recognition of our brand. You will also manage our proposal process and track project leads for staff across the company.
The Marketing and Communications Manager leads the marketing team, providing day-to-day direction, problem solving, and overall project management. You will work closely with firm leadership to support the firm’s marketing strategy, and will report to the firm’s Vice President of Operations.
The ideal candidate will have at least seven years of related experience in a combination of marketing and communications. We seek an excellent communicator with experience managing flexible teams and supervising project and administrative staff. Experience with managing responses to requests for proposals for federal, state, and local government agencies is required. In this position you will:
- Lead the marketing team in the creation of marketing and proposal materials
- Serve as a resource for staff looking for branding and messaging support on project deliverables
- Direct the ongoing maintenance of our qualifications database, constantly looking for opportunities to improve the quality and efficiency of that system
- Create informative content, press releases, and articles to share our company’s brand and services
- Work directly with practice area leads to carry out marketing initiatives
- Serve as a first point of contact for media inquiries
- Manage the firm’s website and social media presence
- Collaborate with the firm’s DEI (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion) Committee to ensure that the website, and all internal/external communications reflect the values in the firm’s DEI Statement.
ECONorthwest is committed to the work of improving its diversity and inclusiveness as a workplace. Our best work draws on teams within and beyond ECONorthwest who have diverse backgrounds and experiences that reflect the multifaceted communities we work in. Thus, we encourage applicants who would expand the diversity of lived experiences within our team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of seven years of experience in a similar role. A master’s degree in communications, journalism, or public relations could substitute for 3 years of experience. At least two of those years should include experience with management and team leadership.
- Proven experience in translating complicated concepts into clear, engaging content (e.g. in articles, proposals, graphics)
- Experience creating compelling graphics to support proposals and deliverables (e.g. timelines, organizational charts, infographics) and/or experience working with graphic designers to communicate design needs.
- Strong knowledge of current communication practices and techniques across digital, social, print, and media with diverse audiences
- Experience using graphic design software packages (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing and maintaining firmwide content, graphics, and qualifications
- Experience with public procurement processes and services
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Experience working in consulting (A/E/C, public policy, economics) or similar environment
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team and ability to lead and influence excellent performance
- Experience using Deltek or other enterprise resource software
- Experience producing communications content in a public policy context
Salary based on experience, and expected to be between $70,000 and $85,000.
Open until filled, with an expectation that we will hold interviews starting the week of September 7th.
Requested Application Materials
- Resume (required)
- Cover Letter (required—no more than one page). Please address in the cover letter why you’d love to have this job, what you bring to the table, how your life and professional experiences help ECONorthwest expand our reach to our key audiences, and how you found out about this job application.
- Essay Questions (required): 200 word limit, but shorter responses are appreciated as long as they are complete. These responses are mandatory.
- Please describe an example of your experience making improvements to marketing and/or communications systems and processes.
- Please describe the roles you have played in supporting proposal production.
- In 2018, ECONorthwest launched a Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI) initiative to strengthen our consulting and better serve our clients and communities. A standing committee, chaired by our President and staffed with employees at every level of the organization, is reviewing all aspects of our operations and project work with an equity lens. Based on your professional and/or lived experience, what would you bring to our marketing and communications DEI integration efforts?
- Graphic Design Sample (optional)
- Please Note: All materials (aside from Essay questions included in the application form) should be submitted in PDF format. An applicant who fails to submit any of the required application materials will not advance to the interview stage. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns about these requirements.
ECONorthwest provides independent, insightful, and relevant analyses that strengthen policy and investment decisions. Since 1974, ECONorthwest has served a diverse range of public and private sector clients across the United States: business management and labor unions; conservationists and energy companies; public planning departments and private developers; litigation plaintiffs and defendants. Our studies are conducted by staff vetted for strong economic, financial, and policy evaluative skills. We are passionate about improving the economic and living conditions in the communities we serve. We do this through thoughtful economic analysis, informed by the multiple perspectives of those affected by our work and policy recommendations. By committing to active engagement in the areas of equity, diversity, and inclusion, we are able to pose sharper questions, elicit deeper insights, design better solutions, and deliver more value to our clients.