RESPONSBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Maintains all correspondence and documentation of non-patient bills for EMHC and field clinics.
2. Maintain the cuff accounts ledger for all payments and reconciliations made for EMHC and field
3. Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
4. Charges expenses to accounts by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
5. Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and
preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and
documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or
purchase order amendments.
6. Works closely in conjunction with outside companies regarding bills and correspondence.
7. Work closely with EMHC Procurement Dept. for validation of Invoice orders, returns and all
necessary information needed to proceed with Account Activity on discrepancies.
8. Performs on a timely basis the payment of all bills via telephone and correspondence according
to organization policy and procedures.
9. Assist with EMHC Staff employee Travel plans, reserve accommodation, conference fee
processing if applicable.
10. Routes and maintain EMHC Staff employee travel files; assist with Travel Closeout.
11. Maintain historical records; creating folders for retention of records.
12. Demonstrates respect and understanding of confidentiality for patients, staff and others
according to EMHC policy and HIPAA regulations.
13. Ability to cross-train to within the Administration Department.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Accounts Payable Specialist Assistant – Administration
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent, GED REQUIRED. Must submit copy of degree or transcripts
2. Efficient organizational skill and successful completion of tasks under continuing pressure, to
meet the deadlines.
3. Must be able to interact positively with co-workers, follow instructions, and handle sensitive
situations with tact.
4. Ability to interact with patients and members of the public with patience, courtesy and
professionalism on all communication levels.
5. Ability to handle routine tasks daily.
6. Must be responsible, dependable, and punctual.
7. Must have budget maintenance and tracking knowledge.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. REQUIRED.
9. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information, REQUIRED.
10. Must have an acceptable motor vehicle record. A copy of driver’s license and verification of
driver’s record from the North Dakota Department of Motor Vehicle, REQUIRED.
11. Must submit and clear Criminal Records Background Check, REQUIRED.
12. Must submit to an Alcohol/drug screen and random testing per policy, REQUIRED.
13. Indian Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for Indian
14. Veterans Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for
About Elbowoods Memorial Health Center
The Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara Nation, also known as the Three Affiliated Tribes, is located on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation in central North Dakota. The reservation is located on the Missouri River in McLean, Mountrail, Dunn, McKenzie, Mercer and Ward counties. The reservation consists of 988,000 acres, of which 457,837 acres are owned by Native Americans, either as individual allotments or communally by the tribe.
The Tribal headquarters is located 4 miles west of New Town, ND. Chairman Mark N. Fox and the MHA Nation Tribal Business Council invite you to visit the Fort Berthold Reservation and learn more about our government, culture and history.