1. Responsible for planning, organizing, improving, and implementing a
comprehensive Behavioral Health program to the Fort Berthold Indian
2. Provides therapeutic intervention to children, adolescents, and adults which may
include individual, group, or family therapy.
3. Provides succinct written evaluations for documentation in client record or to
other agencies as appropriate.
4. Ensures system compliance for all accrediting and regulatory requirements.
5. Primary advisor for the Chief Medical Officer, in regards to departmental
6. Represents EMHC in a highly professional manner.
7. Establishes positive communications with all departments of EMHC to assure
8. Demonstrates respect and understanding of confidentiality for patients, staff and
others according to policy, HIPAA regulation, and 42 CFR Regulations.
9. Maintain required reporting as assigned.
10.Participates in EMHC staff meetings, assigned committees, community events,
and other meetings as instructed or deemed necessary.
11.Actively strives to educate the community on the mission, vision and values of
EMHC in a positive approach to assist in the growth of the organization and
assist our community in its healthcare needs.
12.Adheres to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Elbowoods Memorial Health
a. NOTE: The duties listed are not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties assigned any
individual employee are at the discretion of the appointing authority.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
Must hold a Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW), REQUIRED. Must submit copy of
degree or transcripts with application.
Hold a current license from the North Dakota Social Workers Association Board,
LCSW – Licensed Clinical Social Worker, PREFERRED
Computer knowledge and proficiency, REQUIRED.
Possession of a current, valid North Dakota State Driver’s License, reliable
transportation, and telephone, REQUIRED.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, REQUIRED.
Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
Must be responsible, dependable, and able to maintain confidentiality of information.
Must submit to clear Criminal Records Background Check.
Must submit to an Alcohol/Drug Screen and random testing as per policy.
Indian Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for Indian
Veterans Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for
About Elbowoods Memorial Health Center
The Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara Nation, also known as the Three Affiliated Tribes, is located on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation in central North Dakota. The reservation is located on the Missouri River in McLean, Mountrail, Dunn, McKenzie, Mercer and Ward counties. The reservation consists of 988,000 acres, of which 457,837 acres are owned by Native Americans, either as individual allotments or communally by the tribe.
The Tribal headquarters is located 4 miles west of New Town, ND. Chairman Mark N. Fox and the MHA Nation Tribal Business Council invite you to visit the Fort Berthold Reservation and learn more about our government, culture and history.