POSITION SUMMARY: (position includes but is not limited to the following):
1. Position serves as primary Radiology Technician at the Elbowoods
Memorial Health Center. Provides secondary coverage for Laboratory
Aide and Technologists in the Clinic Laboratory.
2. Represents EMHC in a highly professional manner.
3. Establishes positive communications with all departments of EMHC to
assure stable operations.
4. Demonstrates respect and understanding of confidentiality for patients,
staff and others according to policy and HIPAA regulation.
5. Maintain required reporting as assigned.
6. Participates in EMHC staff meetings, assigned committees, community
events, and other meetings as instructed or deemed necessary.
7. Actively strives to educate the community on the mission, vision and
values of EMHC in a positive approach to assist in the growth of the
organization and assist our community in its healthcare needs.
8. Adheres to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Elbowoods Memorial
• Reports directly to the Laboratory Supervisor.
• Position is non-supervisory
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Receives patients, explains methods of procedures, positions, and sets
technical factors. Adjusts equipment to attain a high quality radiograph.
Independently performs radiograph examination as ordered by licensed
primary care providers.
• Develops and maintains a quality control system for the automatic film
processor on a daily basis, which meets al M/M and AAAHC standards.
• Monitors all radiographs taken in this department to assure high quality
• Performs EKG’s, maintains the EKG machine, and insures electronic
transmission of EKG’s to the contract Radiologist.
• Performs clinical laboratory tests/examinations per requests by medical staff
for use in clinical diagnosis, patient screening, monitoring patient
therapy/status and other authorized purposes. Work assignments
encompassed include such specializations as chemistry, hematology,
immunology, and urinalysis. The accomplishment of tests/examinations
includes, but is not limited to, the performance of standardized procedures in
accordance with established methodology manuals, technical references and
precedents, as outlined by the Laboratory Director.
• Withdraws appropriate quantities of blood by venipuncture and capillary
• Maintains practical knowledge and proficiency in medical technology through
continuing education, staff meetings, and participation in technically oriented
• Employee will perform above duties in accordance with current Federal laws,
Tribal policy and Accreditation standards.
• NOTE: The duties listed are not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties assigned
any individual employee are at the discretion of the appointing authority.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
• Graduation from an accredited Radiology program, registered with ARRT
(American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) as an RT (Registered
• For Mammograms must complete 40 hour mammography course, to
include 8 hours of digital training, plus 25 supervised examinations.
• Computer knowledge and proficiency, REQUIRED.
• Possession of a current, valid North Dakota State Driver’s License,
reliable transportation, and telephone, REQUIRED.
• Must maintain knowledge of chemical, microbiologic, and hematologic lab
• Ability to collect and compile information for technical support work in a
closely related field including but not limited to reports of findings.
• Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
• Must be responsible, dependable, and able to maintain confidentiality of
• Must submit to clear Criminal Records Background Check.
• Must submit to an Alcohol/Drug Screen and random testing as per policy.
• Indian Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application
to qualify for Indian Preference.
• Veterans Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with
application to qualify for Indian Preference.
About Elbowoods Memorial Health Center
The Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara Nation, also known as the Three Affiliated Tribes, is located on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation in central North Dakota. The reservation is located on the Missouri River in McLean, Mountrail, Dunn, McKenzie, Mercer and Ward counties. The reservation consists of 988,000 acres, of which 457,837 acres are owned by Native Americans, either as individual allotments or communally by the tribe.
The Tribal headquarters is located 4 miles west of New Town, ND. Chairman Mark N. Fox and the MHA Nation Tribal Business Council invite you to visit the Fort Berthold Reservation and learn more about our government, culture and history.