Company:Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age – and this is where you come in.
The Core Platform Software team in QCT (Qualcomm CDMA Technologies) division is looking for talented software engineers to drive our existing and future mobile chipset technology to success. The successful candidate will be immersed in a highly interactive and dynamic environment, interacting with cross-functional teams to capture product and SW architecture requirements, develop embedded SW and debug scripts/tools, triage system-level issues, and propose solutions while working on the latest cutting-edge technology.Responsibilities:- Design and develop embedded software. This includes device driver SW, debug tools and scripts. – Interact closely with cross-functional software teams to verify and debug software stability issues and features – Engage in various optimization activities performance, power, and memory optimizations – Participate in silicon-on dock bring-up activities in the lab – Collaborate with HW and Systems Engineering team to ensure the Core Platform SW meets the power and performance KPIs – Collaborate with program management and product image leads in developing software product roadmap and delivery plan to reduce time to market- Perform image and system-level sanity test. The ideal candidate will have:• 4+ years Software Engineering or related work experience.• 2+ years experience with Database Management Software.• 2+ years experience with API.• 2+ years experience working in a large matrixed organization.• 1+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above).
Required Competencies (All competencies are required upon entry)
• Analytical Skills – The ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
• Building Trusting Relationships – The ability to build trusting, collaborative relationships and rapport with different types of people and businesses. This includes delivering on commitments and maintaining confidential information, as well as being approachable, showing interest in the other person, and relating well to people regardless of personality or background.
• Communication – The ability to convey information clearly and accurately, as well as choosing the most effective method of delivery (e.g., email, phone, face-to-face). This includes using a technically sound communication style both verbally and in writing.
• Creating the New and Different – The ability to be creative. This includes the ability to produce breakthrough ideas, being a visionary, managing innovation, seeing multiple futures, having broad interests and knowledge, and gaining support in order to translate new ideas into solutions. This also includes the ability to plan and implement unconventional ideas and speculate about alternative futures without all of the data.
• Decision-Making – The ability to make quick, accurate decisions. This includes the ability to weigh alternatives and take into account the impact of the decisions on people, equipment, or other resources.
• Demonstrating Personal Flexibility – The ability to demonstrate resourcefulness and resilience in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. This includes adapting to competing demands and shifting priorities. This also includes improving adaptability, pursuing new skills and knowledge, and regularly seeking feedback from others.
• Getting Organized – The ability to be organized, resourceful, and planful. This includes the ability to leverage multiple resources to get things done and lay out tasks in sufficient detail. This also includes the ability to get things done with fewer resources and in less time, work on multiple tasks at once without losing track, and foresee and plan around obstacles.
• Software Optimization – Knowledge of techniques and approaches to optimize software for specific hardware platforms. This includes basic practices in software optimization and the interaction between software and the hardware platform.
• Taking Initiative – The ability to attack work activities with drive and energy, understanding the impact of work on key metrics, and making decisions that are in the company’s best interest. This includes not being afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known, and driving value-added work tasks to completion.
• Technical Documentation – Ability to appropriately document software and/or hardware specifications to promote knowledge transfer to other engineers.
• Software Engineering – Knowledge of the overall process for developing new software. This includes knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of software engineering and other functions, major phases, checkpoints and deliverables. This also includes the ability to identify common issues and considerations for bringing a new product to the marketplace.
• Time Management – The ability to quickly prioritize mission-critical from less important or trivial work activities. This includes sensing what the next most useful thing is to work on, and focusing on the critical few tasks that add value while putting aside or delaying the rest.
• Troubleshooting – The ability to detect malfunctions in daily operations, including scheduling issues and process problems, and determining root causes and appropriate solutions for operating errors. This also includes the ability to detect malfunctions or the need for repair and adjustment to various types of equipment and implement corrective actions and track their success.
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr_public_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—we invent breakthrough technologies that transform how the world connects, computes, and communicates.
Employment Notices for US-based Job Postings
Equal Employment Opportunity (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
“EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Family Medical Leave Act (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf)
Rights of Pregnant Employees
Discrimination and Harassment (https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster_ENG.pdf)
California Family Rights Act
Prepare and succeed
Qualcomm Interview FAQs (https://www.qualcomm.com/company/careers/faqs)
Employment Fraud Alert
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial or personal information from job candidates. Please note these communications are fraudulent. Click here (https://www.qualcomm.com/employment-fraud-alert) to view our Employment Fraud Alert.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.