Position Purpose: EnProVera is currently looking for a Mail Clerk supporting the United States Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS) regional office in Oakland Park. Mail Clerks support the USCIS and its mission to administer the nation’s lawful immigration system, safeguarding its integrity and promise by efficiently and fairly adjudicating requests for immigration benefits while protecting Americans, securing the homeland, and honoring our values.
· Receives and logs incoming mail and parcels
· Packages and routes outgoing mail and parcels
· Maintain logs of incoming and outgoing mail, including special requests and expediated deliveries
· Tracks incoming case files using electronic file tracking system
· Obtains receipts for articles delivered and keeps logs of items received and delivered
· Delivers items to offices and departments within the establishment
· Performs file operations and maintenance including file storage, maintenance, and audits and searches and responds to file requests
· Performs miscellaneous errands
Required Skills and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 1 year of related experience
· All candidates must read, understand, and speak English fluently
· Some knowledge of computer proficiency is necessary
Attention to detail
Ability to relate to others in a friendly, courteous, and business-like manner in a highly stressful environment
· Ability to lift and carry up to 45 lbs. or more in a physical environment
· Ability to perform tasks while bending, stooping, climbing, and reaching
· Mobility is frequent throughout the file room by moving on foot and/or pushing a cart to accomplish tasks
· Ability to lift boxes overhead
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust/Suitability Clearance under the Department of Homeland Security from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
FLSA Class: Non-Exempt
About Us: EnProVera Offers a competitive salary, paid time off including government holidays, and comprehensive benefits package. At EnProVera, we want all associates of the company to be part of our family. We don’t want you to come to EnProVera for a job, we want you to come for a career. Our goal is to provide an inclusive atmosphere and culture that encourages everyone to know each other and to help each other to the extent possible. We don’t want our associates to feel like they are only an employee with an employee id number responsible for generating revenue and profitability. Every associate is highly valued, and it is deeply ingrained that EnProVera only exists and is successful because of its great people. Without the great people, EnProVera is nothing but a name.
As positions come open, we will be advertising them on our website for you to review and apply if you feel you are qualified. EnProVera seeks to hire and give preference to Veterans, Service-Disabled Veterans, and Native Americans.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
EnProVera is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and pledges to treat every associate and applicant with dignity and respect. EnProVera will hire, place, transfer, promote, recruit, advertise, solicit for employment, treat during employment, pay, and otherwise compensate, select for training, layoff, or discharge associates without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status, so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation. We endeavor to make our application process accessible to all users. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact humanresources @ enprovera.com for assistance.
Job Types: Full-time