Experienced CPAs – Have you been dreaming of joining an early-stage, VC-backed company? A team where your contributions have a huge impact? Are you excited about working for a company that has proven market fit, with room for exponential growth?
After incubating in an AI research firm, with the backing of top VC firms, we have grown our proven technology into the leading solution for Growth Optimization.
We established substantial recurring revenue and a customer base of top global brands using machine learning to optimize user engagement, but we are just getting started.
We are looking for a talented and driven Accounting Manager to strengthen our accounting operations and help build scalable processes as we continue to grow.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing daily accounting operations, drive the monthly close process, manage annual audits, assist with tax compliance and work on ad-hoc projects.
The ideal candidate is a CPA with a solid understanding of US GAAP and internal controls; has a combination of Big 4, private experience which ideally include start-ups; and experience working with foreign subsidiaries, intercompany and foreign currency accounting. This individual is detail oriented, seeks continuous improvement, works effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is a team player. This position reports to the VP of Finance, will manage one offshore accounting resource and is the 2nd full-time hire. This role is based out of San Francisco but currently remote with potential of full-time remote.
– Drive the monthly close and deliver accurate and timely financials.
– Review and prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for proper accounting treatment and supporting documentation. Areas of focus but not limited to: ASC 606 revenue recognition, deferred revenue and commissions; ASC 842 lease accounting; ASC 718 stock-based compensation, fixed assets, prepaids and accrued liabilities.
– Translate, remeasure and generate US GAAP consolidated financial statements.
– Maintain accounting controls and make recommendations for changes to policies and procedures.
– Review set-up of new foreign and domestic vendors, obtain and maintain appropriate documentation and file 1099s.
– Ensure timely processing of invoices with appropriate approvals, supporting documentation and proper recording of payments.
– Review employee expense reimbursements and verify compliance to policy and required documentation.
– Review account coding of company credit card charges and support for all charges.
Accounts Receivable & Cash:
– Manage the company’s invoicing process, ensure timely billing, cash application and collections activities.
– Oversee proper application and accounting of cash transactions.
– Process semi-monthly payroll (monthly for international employees), calculating new hire and termination payroll amounts, processing any off-cycle payments, and obtaining approval and support, as necessary.
– Work directly with HR to ensure employment details and payroll data is accurate.
– Download and maintain semi-monthly, monthly, off-cycle and annual payroll records.
– Manage year-end audit from PBC to issuance, including assembling information and preparing schedules as required.
– Work with tax advisor to meet local, state, and federal compliance requirements, providing supporting documents and schedules as needed.
Qualities We Value
– Active CPA license.
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
– 7+ years Accounting and/or Audit experience.
– SaaS industry and professional services experience.
– SOX compliance and internal controls experience preferable.
– Highly organized with ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments and tasks.
– Self-starter with ability to research, identify root problems and recommend resolutions.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Advanced Excel skills and MS office proficient.
– QuickBooks Online, Expensify, Bill.com, G Suite experience preferred but not required.
– Implementation experience a plus.