SCOPE OF POSITION:
Manages the daily operations of the Banquet Department following the standards of service set by FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
High School Diploma or GED. Four years’ of Front of House (FOH) supervisory experience. Two years’ experience in a Banquet environment. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Thorough knowledge of and completion of Training and Intervention ProcedureS (TIPs) training within the last three years. Must be able to acquire appropriate F&B certifications.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Associates degree. Five years’ experience working in the equivalent of a 4 Diamond or higher hotel or banquet facility in a supervisor or management capacity
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Supervises the Banquet Team Members including Captains, Servers, Barbacks, Bartenders, and Houseman.
- Manages the daily operations of the Banquet area (order and maintain supplies, review set-up and food & beverage preparation and service) to ensure compliance with Banquet Event Order (BEO), safety regulations and procedures and to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality.
- Responsible for developing weekly schedules while maintaining labor costs and labor budgets.
- Controls and analyzes cost, breakage and quality while maintaining an accurate inventory of Banquet glassware, chinaware and silverware.
- Responsible for all storage and organization within the banquet storage areas.
- Assists in communicating all changes to the BEO to the Banquet Department and other affected departments.
- Ensures the coordination, with all banquet staff, of set-ups, changes and time schedules for all functions.
- Ensures that all equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are clean.
- Calculates and reviews the Banquet checks ensuring accuracy and present the check to the client for signature to ensure payment.
- Calculates and prepares the daily service charges ensuring accurate, prompt reporting to the Accounting Department.
- Monitors and controls the maintenance / sanitation of the Banquet areas and equipment to protect the assets and ensure quality service.
- Assists in maintaining standards of health, safety, and sanitation.
- Ensures that the standards of health, safety, and sanitation are maintained.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines “Native American” as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.