SCOPE OF POSITION:
Provides concierge-level services to all hotel guests, from welcoming them to the property to bidding them farewell.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
High School diploma or GED. Previous guest service experience. Must possess excellent communication skills and effective public speaking skills. Must be at least 18 years of age.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Previous front desk, concierge or bell service experience. Certified Tourism Ambassador designation for Calhoun County, MI.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Greets all guests entering the lobby area in a warm and professional manner, demonstrating FireKeepers Guest Service Standards in every interaction.
- Ensures all brand promises are being fulfilled to our hotel guests.
- Establishes rapport with guests and anticipates their needs.
- Recognizes returning and VIP guests and welcomes them back to the property.
- Enhances guest experience for special events/occasions.
- Escorts guests to their accommodations and assists with luggage following established hotel service standards.
- Develops and maintains a strong knowledge of property facilities and services.
- Assists guests with restaurant recommendations and reservations.
- Serves as a liaison to guests for property services, such as retail shopping, valet and casino host services, and entertainment.
- Develops and maintains a strong knowledge of offering in the Battle Creek/Marshall community.
- Stores and retrieves luggage and other objects for guests.
- Coordinates/provides luggage assistance for overnight groups.
- Coordinates/provides delivery of dry-cleaning to hotel guests.
- Coordinates/provides business services, such as copy, faxing, and shipping.
- Is aware of daily hotel and casino activities, banquet and meeting schedules, group and VIP arrivals.
- Ensures the bell closet, coat check, and all other work areas are clean, and that all used equipment is in proper working condition.
- Makes deliveries to guest rooms as instructed.
- Works closely and effectively with all departments, most commonly Front Desk, Valet, Facilities, Food & Beverage and Housekeeping.
- Responds to service calls with other departments, as needed, most commonly IT and A/V.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines “Native American” as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.