SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for the quality assurance of all finished food products of the venue. Part of all food production ensuring all company specifications and standards are satisfied in the absence of the Sous Chef.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Two years working in a Line Cook capacity in a full service hotel, restaurant or casino. Must be at least 18 years of age.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
No general or preferred qualifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Responsible for preparing, seasoning, finishing, and garnishing all food in kitchen preparation in accordance with established recipes.
- Ensures all specifications in all recipes and food apportionment are met.
- Maintains Knowledge of all state Health Department regulations and ensures all conditions and standards are met.
- Assists in preparation, portioning, and garnishment of all foods.
- Is able to work all stations in the kitchen.
- Works with various department leadership in resolving venue conflicts and disputes, ensuring high standards of guest service and Team Member relations.
- Assists team members with training, planning, assigning and directing work assignments.
- Performs as a Team Member with Cooks, Stewards, Chefs, Servers, and pertinent company Team Members in producing a smoothly and efficiently run operation on a scheduled shift.
- Follows all recipes and control procedures.
- Assists in all areas of food production as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary area at all times in full accordance with State Health Regulations.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines “Native American” as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary