SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for installing and maintaining servers, operating systems, routers, switches, telecommunications equipment and systems software providing the stable operation of the Information Technology (IT) computer network.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
Two years’ experience working with, and supporting network operating systems, including PBX telecommunications systems. Must be able to pass a Network Engineer aptitude test. Must possess superior computer skills, and be proficient in software applications currently in use by the company. Must be able to communicate with all members of the IT team in a professional, cordial manner, in order to successfully accomplish departmental and company goals. Must be well organized. Must be at least 21 years of age.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences or Business Administration from a four-year college or university. Two years’ experience working with, and supporting network operating systems in a casino environment. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Responsible for all aspects of an entire Cisco based voice and data network, including network design, implementation, monitoring, troubleshooting and security.
- Assists in the design, coordination and installation of multi-user applications, including PBX and telecommunications systems, on a network operating system, maintaining data integrity and system quality.
- Ensures a superior level of user service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained throughout the property.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of all applications on the network operating system.
- Enforces standards of security, system integrity and confidentiality within the department.
- Assists in testing and making purchase decisions for hardware, software and network technologies.
- Routinely inspects all supported equipment on property, identifying potential problems and coordinating necessary repairs.
- Coordinates the troubleshooting and repair of all supported equipment on property.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of file servers and network operating systems.
- Creates and documents technical procedures for the Information Technology Department.
- Held accountable for the quality and integrity of systems on property.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
Indirectly supervises all systems users on the property.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines “Native American” as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.