SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all cash handling and operation procedures within the Cage Department. Responsible for ensuring all transactions are performed accurately and efficiently, in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and gaming regulations as well as established company policies, procedures and controls. Click here for more information.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
Some cash handling experience required. Must have proficient computer skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Must be able to work in an intense and fast-paced environment where a high degree of concentration is necessary to perform the required job duties. Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner. High School diploma or GED. Effective communication skills required. Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer-literate. Must be 18 years of age.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities, however, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Follows all company and department policies and procedures.
- Maintain a friendly, courteous attitude and the highest standard of quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Accurately balances assigned cash drawers.
- Cashes chips and other gaming instruments in a courteous, timely manner.
- Cashes approved checks and other monetary instruments per company policies.
- Redeems foreign currency, computing accurate exchange rates for the various currencies received.
- Perform marker, front money and safekeeping issuances and redemptions,
- Maintain logs and complete transactions in compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Completes all required casino documents.
- Safeguard company assets and adhere to all Cage policies and procedures.
- Maintains a working knowledge of facilities, as well as promotional events in order to advise FKCH guest.
- Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Attends and satisfactorily completes all required training an assigned and required.
- Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and complies with safety procedures
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
- Assist in other duties and projects as assigned.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Six months of Cage experience is a casino environment. College courses in Accounting, Banking, Finance or related area
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines “Native American” as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.