SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for providing dining and beverage service to all guests in an efficient, courteous and professional manner displaying a high standard of guest service.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
High School diploma or GED. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be at least 18 years of age.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
One year working in a service position in a banquet environment, full service restaurant, hotel or casino.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Responsible for prompt, efficient and courteous service of food and beverages to guests in accordance with department standards.
- Performs necessary tasks to service guests, i.e. taking and filling all food and drink orders and assisting in maintaining guest dining area in a clean and neat manner.
- Monitors guest needs on a continual basis ensuring all requests will be promptly fulfilled.
- Performs as a Team Member with venue Hosts, Supervisors, Cashiers, Bus People, and Banquet and Kitchen Staff in producing a smoothly and efficiently run operation.
- Responsible for cashing out guests (using the self-pay method) in a prompt and timely manner. Responsible for adhering to established cash control policies and procedures of the company.
- Assists with maintenance (side work, opening/closing duties) as necessary.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines “Native American” as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary